Having qualified as a psychotherapist from The Tivoli Institute in Dublin over 12 years ago, Teresa then specialised and developed an expertise in sex therapy through further training with Relate UK. Teresa now maintains a full time practise as a sex therapist and psychotherapist and she is an accredited member of The College of Sex and Relationship Therapy (COSRT) and of The Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP).
As a sex therapist, Teresa works with a wide range of sexual issues, concerns and problems. She works with both single and partnered people, and aims to facilitate better understanding of the sexual problems they may experience and help decrease the distress which these issues can cause within personal life and relationships whilst helping to alleviate the sexual difficulty itself.
Specific sexual problems treated include
- Erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, vaginismus and painful intercourse, difficulties with sexual desire and libido, inability to reach orgasm and intimacy issues.
She also works with other sexual concerns:
- Gay, lesbian, cross dressing and transvestite individuals and couples and people who are confused about their sexual orientation or gender.
- Individuals who have concerns about their use of pornography or sexual addiction.
- Sex therapy and psychotherapy for individuals and couples who have been affected by the experience of sexual abuse.
- Individuals who have experienced rape or sexual assault.
Seeking help for a sexual problem can be a difficult step to take as our sexual lives are personal and private. Wide ranging experience working in this area has ensured that Teresa is comfortable discussing all aspects of sex and sexuality in an open, safe and respectful way.
As a psychotherapist, Teresa is experienced in working with many different issues including depression, sexual abuse, self harm, work place issues, bereavement, relationship and family dynamic problems. She has particular experience in working with anxiety and panic attacks using CBT. As a humanistic and integrative therapist, she draws on a range of approaches to best suit a particular individual’s needs, helping people on a short or long term basis as necessary.
Since she began training in the field of psychotherapy over 16 years ago, Teresa has remained committed to maintaining high professional and practise standards and regularly engages in further training in sex therapy and psychotherapy both here and in the UK.
For further information or to arrange an appointment, Teresa can be contacted on 086 8265535 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The fee for sex therapy and for individual psychotherapy and cbt is €70.